Monday, September 23, 2013

Step 6

"Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character."

This week is a week in which we pause...

We pause to ask ourselves the tough questions of:
    ~Am I ready to give up my coping mechanisms of the past?
    ~Am I ready to live into a new future with new ways of living?
    ~Am I willing to let God do what I have not been able to?

And so we pause, we ponder and we prepare. 

This step is a reminder to me...giving up, or having God remove these defects of character, is incredibly freeing and scary at the same moment.  It is freeing for I am for the first time ready to stop the pain, the hurt, the cycles of my life that don't bring life.  I am ready for God to do His great work in me rather than me trying to do a great work.  It is freeing to not be in control!

Yet it is scary for many of the same reasons.  I am not in control!  I am not able to fix me.  I am aware of my shortfalls and the problems they have created in me and around me.  And so I am ready, but not ready. 

Perhaps you are at that same place...I'm ready but I'm not.  I'm ready until life happens and then I want more control of it.  Today, our pausing is powerful for in pausing we ponder.  In pondering, the Spirit works within us cutting the cords to the junk of our lives so God can remove them.  And we prepare for the steps, and new life, that lie ahead. 

What does it mean for you to pause, ponder and prepare?

No comments:

Post a Comment